The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only.
- The information is provided by Ryan Civil Contracting Limited and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose.
- Any reliance you place on such information contained on this website is therefore strictly at your own risk.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
- Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Ryan Civil Contracting Limited. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Ryan Civil Contracting Limited takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for any downtime or making this website available.
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Ryan Civil Contracting Limited’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the Republic of Ireland.
What personal data do we collect from you?
You may give us data by:
Corresponding with us by phone, email, post, using this website or otherwise. We ask you to disclose only as much information as is necessary to provide you with information relating to our products or services.
What information about you do we obtain from others?
When you use our products, we may obtain the following categories of personal data from others.
- Information you voluntarily provide
You may give us information by filling in forms on this site or mobile applications, or by corresponding with us by email, phone or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you sign up to use services on our site, subscribe for other services, place an order through our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial information, personal description and photograph. The information you may give about others may include their name, address, email address, phone number and details about their site in relation to the specification of a sewage treatment solution.
We collect some information about our users by using cookies on our website. We do this to:
- Enhance our service to individual users.
- Track the path of visitors through the site.
- Improve the performance of the website.
- Identify repeat visits to the site by users.
A cookie is a little piece of data stored by the browser on the hard drive of your computer, at the request of our server. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. On revisiting our website, our computer server will recognise the cookie, giving us information about your last visit.
Cookies help us to improve our websites and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about user preferences.
- Allow us to customise our website according to individual interests.
- Speed up the use of the website and searches.
You are always free to decline our cookies, if your browser permits, by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. You are always free to ask your browser to indicate when a cookie is being sent. You can also delete cookies files from your computer at your discretion. Note that if you decline our cookies or ask for notification each time a cookie is being sent, this may affect your use of the our websites.
We also use pixel tags, sometimes called web beacons, in our HTML-based emails.
We may use third-party organisations to conduct research on our website but your information will not be passed on to third-parties such as mailing organisations.
Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
Why do we collect this information?
We collect the information in order to provide you with our services, to market our services, to improve our site. We will use this information:
- To administer and improve our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- To deliver information about our products, where you have subscribed to receive same.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about services that may be of interest.
The legal basis for processing your data is:
- Processing for the performance of a contract which you have entered into with us or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- That you have provided consent for the processing for marketing purposes.
With whom do we share this information?
We may share your personal data with our selected business associates or suppliers and contractors to provide you with our services and products. For example, these business partners may include our web-hosting provider and our IT service providers. In addition, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- We may provide your information to a third-party supplier to undertake market research.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Disclosure of your information
We may also share your information with selected third parties, including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
How long do we keep your information?
How long we retain your information depends on the type of information and the purposes for which it is used. We will keep your information for no longer than is required or permitted.
Do we transfer your information outside the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA)?
Yes. The data we collect may be transferred to and stored in Ireland the EU, the EEA or the United States, outside the EEA, for which there is an adequacy decision relating to the safeguards for personal data from the European Commission. This applies where we use MailChimp or similar firms for email marketing and other apps in which our website and app is developed and operated.
What are you rights with respect to your personal data?
You have the following rights:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data about you without undue delay.
- The right to request to us to erase any personal data we hold about you in circumstances such as where it is no longer necessary for us to hold the personal data or, in some circumstances, if you have withdrawn your consent to the processing.
- The right to object to us processing personal data about you, such as processing for profiling or direct marketing.
- The right to opt out from receiving any marketing communications
- The right to ask us to provide your personal data to you in a portable format, or, where technically feasible, for us to port that personal data to another provider, provided it does not result in a disclosure of personal data relating to other people.
- The right to request a restriction of the processing of your personal data.
Where our processing of your personal data is based on your consent to that processing, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time but any processing that we have carried out before you withdrew your consent remains lawful.
You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting email@example.com
You may lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority with respect to our processing of your personal data. The local supervisory authority in Ireland is the Data Protection Commissioner. The website is www.dataprotection.ie.
What will happen if we change our privacy notice?
This notice may change from time to time, and any changes will be posted on our website and any other applications and will be effective when posted.
Please review this notice each time you use our site or our services. This notice was last updated on 17/01/2019.